The Thailand Textile Institute (THTI) was established according to the government’s agreement in October 15, 2006 with the support of the Ministry of Industry as an independent organization. Its mission is to be the center of supporting and developing Thailand’s textile industry and to assist the industry to improve its competitiveness. They focus their assistance and support targeted among small and medium textile businesses. There are 7 services that the organization provides including;
- Support and educate people in each organization such as technology, management and fashion trends.
- Give advice in production technology, organization management, and the textile industry life cycle demand.
- In-depth information service by different medias; websites, emails, and brochures are provided for the textile industry businesses.
- Invite and encourage business owners to participate trade fairs, especially international ones such as
- Research and development services for quality improvement and create more value to Thailand’s textile products. This includes hand-made local craft textiles and industrial textiles.
- Support the development of textile with design, bleaching, dyeing, printing, decorating technology.
- Test service; quality inspection for textiles, products made from textiles, and factories to assure quality and reach the global standards market with modern equipments by industrial experts.
Reference Exporter Review, First Haft of June 2011