What is Thaitrade.com
Thaitrade.com is an official Thailand B2B E-Marketplace established by Department of International Trade Promotion (DITP), Ministry of Commerce (MOC) Thailand.
The main purpose of thaitrade.com is to enhance trade opportunity of Thai exporter under the idea of pooling most of Thai export products in one e-marketplace and to be the most effective way for our trade partners from over the world to find the required products from Thailand.
Why you can’t miss thaitrade.com
- It is the official website established by DITP of Thailand.
- It collects most of export products in Thailand.
- It is trustful because it is operated by Ministry of Commerce, all sellers must be verified by DITP approval board.
- It has good looking interface with smart search engine and many helpful functions such as shipping calculation tool
- It provides you with Help Center.
- It’s all free of charge.
Any support provided from this website?
We provide you centralize support to assist you
- locate your required products and sellers
- contact with your business-partners
- provide your requested information
What’s the difference between member and non-member?
Non-member is restricted to web’s useful functions such as non-member cannot directly chat with sellers or use thaitrade’s web board, but will be able to view products and detail information.
What cost I have to pay to be member?
You can be a member withour any cost.
What I need to do, if I want to sell my products in thaitrade.com
Apply to be seller member and wait for DEP approval board to approve your profile. This progress will take about 3 weeks.
What is the different between buyer member and seller member?
Buyer member is a regular member of www.thaitrade.com who can operate basic fuctions of the website such as contacting sellers, posting webbord, or getting centralize support, but cannot add product or company profile.
Seller member is an upgrade account who can perform every fuctions of the website including adding product and compamy profile. Seller member is especially for Thai exporters only. Please see more quailcation of seller member on FAQ "Registration" >> Seller
What are the most of members from?
Now we have member from every continents from 87 courtries (exclude Thailand). The largest portion of our member is come from Asia, second is Europe, third is North America.
Top five countries of our member are Thailand, China, India, USA and UK.
How can I be a BUYER member of Thaitrade?
Complete the quick registration form
- Click “New User? Join Free Now!” on the website's top right corner.
- Complete the form then click “REGISTER”
- Verify your registration by email.
- The system shows “You have successfully registered to be a Thaitrade buyer member” to confirm your registration.
- Sign in using your user account.
How to be Buyer Member
After finish quick registration form, you should update your personal setting to get trust-worthy from seller.
To update your personal setting, Click
Sign in >> My Account >> Update Personal Setting
And Complete all Compulsory fields (* field) before save.
Who is qualified to be seller member?
Qualified seller must be
- Thai company registered with Department of Business Development, Minister of Commerce and has VAT ID.
- Company with exporting experience, member or non-member of DEP Exporters List (EL).
- Company without exporting experience, potential and plan to export (Company with Awards/Certificates received will be highly considered)
- Business Service Company targeting foreign clients/customers.
- Seller member has to be Thai only
How can I be a SELLER member of Thaitrade?
- Be a Buyer member of thaitrade and apply seller form
- Go to "My Account" on the website's top right corner and choose "Apply seller". Please fill the form in English only
(We currently promote only thai exporter; therefore only thai exporter can get verified to be seller in thaitrade.com)
- Complete the form (at least all * must be filled)
- Click “REGISTER”
(Hint: Your Business Registration ID, VAT ID, and good qualification is the key to get verified,)
- The system shows “Thank you for registering to be a seller. We will contact you soon” to confirm your registration.
• After that your seller registration form will be verified by “DEP thaitrade.com approval board”. Your approval result will be sent by email within 3 weeks
Can I re-apply to be seller member, if I fail in the first attempt?
Yes, but you should improve or upgrade company’s qualification such as, improve your production standard and receive some international ISO Certificate i.e. ISO 9002. Or at least, you should participate more in DEP activities which specifically aim to improve Thai exporter potential
Who verifies the Seller’s qualifications ?
DEP approval board, Ministry of Commerce
If I don’t have the above qualification - for example: my company is not a registered company – can I register as a seller ?
No, thaitrade.com will only accept Seller Member with above qualifications
Can I register to be both Buyer and Seller Members ?
Yes, please register as ordinary user and then apply as Seller Member:
Sign in >> My Account >> Apply Seller (complete the form)
Seller Account Renewal Condition (เงื่อนไขการต่ออายุสมาชิก Seller แบบอัตโนมัติ)
Seller account on Thaitrade.com will be automatically renewed for 1 year only if seller complies to All of the following conditions:
1. Updates his profile, contact information, and at least 5 product/service items on www.Thaitrade.com.
2. Logs in www.Thaitrade.com to add or edit profile, products/services, buying deals at least 3 times during 6-month period prior to account expiration.
3. Participates/attends training, seminar, exhibition, business matching, etc. organized by Thaitrade.com once per 1-year period before account expires.
4. Responds to buyer's inquiry regularly.
5. Maintains good business record, with no complaint or proved to be guilty of any business act.
6. Does not violate Department of International Trade Promotion's rules or regulations.
สมาชิกผู้ขาย Thaitrade.com จะได้รับการพิจารณาต่ออายุอีกคราวละ 1 ปี โดยอัตโนมัติหากปฏิบัติตามเงื่อนไขทุกข้อ ดังต่อไปนี้
1. มีการปรับปรุงข้อมูลบริษัท ข้อมูลติดต่อให้เป็นปัจจุบัน และมีข้อมูลสินค้า/บริการ บน www.thaitrade.com อย่างน้อย 5 รายการ
2. มีการ Log in เข้าสู่ระบบ Thaitrade.com เพื่อเพิ่มเติม แก้ไข หรือปรับปรุง ข้อมูลบริษัท ข้อมูลสินค้า/บริการ ข้อมูลประกาศขายสินค้า/บริการ อย่างน้อย 3 ครั้ง ในระยะเวลา 6 เดือน ก่อนจะสิ้นอายุสมาชิก
3. เข้าร่วมกิจกรรมอบรม สัมมนา งานแสดงสินค้า จับคู่เจรจาธุรกิจ ฯลฯ ที่ Thaitrade.com จัดอย่างน้อย 1 ครั้ง ในระยะเวลา 1 ปี ก่อนจะสิ้นอายุสมาชิก
5. ไม่มีประวัติเสียหาย หรือโดนร้องเรียนและพิสูจน์ว่ามีความผิดจริงในทางนิติกรรม
6. ไม่ละเมิดกฎ ระเบียบ ข้อบังคับอื่นๆ ของกรมส่งเสริมการค้าระหว่างประเทศ
How to use website?
How can I contact seller?
Thaitrade.com has chat service, which provides you instant chat with online seller. Or you may use seller’s contact detail to mail or phone them directly. Otherwise, you may contact centralize support unit to get help.
To Buy product, please contact seller directly via various method we provide to make your deal.
Our Contact methods are
- online chat (click to chat online)
- contact seller (click to send seller a Private messege)
- or add to cart. (click to add product to your cart)
After send seller a private message or add seller's product to cart, seller will receive notification mail instantly from system alert them to have a quick respone to buyer.
How can I send a private message
1. Select your required product
2. Click "Send a message to this seller"
3. Fill all the blanks [Attach file if you want] and click Sent PM
How can I make the payment?
This is to be agreed between Buyer and Seller
Do thaitrade.com have payment service like escrow in alibaba.com?
Payment service is not available in the site yet.
Is there a payment system in thaitrade.com?
Not yet, seller has to deal directly with buyer.
What is Buying/ Selling Lead
Buying/Seliing lead is a business partner matching system which helps buyers and sellers to buys/sells a specific product easier.
Buying Leads are an invitation from buyers to sellers to send their requests for manufacturing/supplying the specific products. This fuction is available for both buyer and seller member
On the other hands, selling leads are an invitation from sellers to buyers to send their request for selling the specific products. This fuction is only available for seller member.
What is the different between Selling Lead and Normal Product Adding
The different between selling leads and normal product adding is product in selling lead has to be more special than product in normal adding such as a highlight product, the best selling products, products having a special promotion.
How to set Chat status?
Chat status will be set as offline automatically until Chat Contol page has been browsed.
there're 2 steps to set Chat status as Online.
1. click "my account >> Chat control" to open chat control page
2. leave the chat control page alone til there's incoming chat.
How to know if there's incoming chat??
After log in, at the right botton of a page will appear chat waiting box automatically (similarly to facebook).
A number in chat waiting box will represent a current chat list.
A default number is 0 which means no waiting chat and will change into 1 if there's one person who want to chat with you.
(Tips: You can click at chat waiting box to go to Chat control page)
In Chat control page, there will be a waiting list appear like this
Click at (play) to start chat.
Click at (end) to end chat.
After being Seller, how can i add/edit my company profile?
How can I add my avatar and company logo?
1. go to my account >> my company
2. Click at "About us"
3. Hit the edit button
4. - Click "เลือกไฟล์" below Company logo is to add your avatar, an attached file must not exceed 100*100 pixels
- Click "เลือกไฟล์" below Home logo is to add your company logo, an attached file must not exceed 240*270 pixels
5. Click save
6. Your avatar amd company logo will appear in your profile.
Can I change my password
1. Go to my account>>Personal Setting
2. Hit the edit button on your right side
3. Fill your new password in "Password" and "Confirm Password" box. Please note that pasword filled in these 2 boxes has to be the same
4. Click save at the center end of page
How to post home logo and company logo?
Seller can post/edit Home logo and Company logo follow these steps
1. Sign In >> 2. choose My Account >> 3. choose My Company >> 4. choose About Us >> 5. choose Edit
After click at edit, your screen will change into edit company profile page. (see below image)
Click "Choose File" to upload new Logo. Click "delete" to delete old Logo.
Company Logo size is about 100x100 pixel or less, JPEG file. Company Logo will be small picture pair with company name in seller list page.
Home Logo size is about 240x270 pixel or less, JPEG file. Home Logo and will display at seller's Home page.
What to do if I can't sign in or forget my password?
Please check whether your email address is correct
- If you changed your registered email address, please use the newly changed one to sign in.
- You may enter incorrect/non-registered email address when you try to sign in.
- Check if your "Caps Lock" is on. To disable "Caps Lock", press the "Caps Lock" key on your keyboard.
Please check whether your password is correct
If you're certain that the email address you're using is correct, please check if your password is also correct by signing in again on thaitrade.com.
- Please ensure that no blank space is entered before or after your password.
- Please do not press the spacebar key before or after typing your password.
- Check if your "Caps Lock" is on; passwords are case-sensitive. To disable "Caps Lock", press the "Caps Lock" key on your keyboard.
Please check your web browser
Old web browser version and IE might not support our website well. We recommend new version of firefox or google chrome instead.
If you forgot your password
- Go to "Forgot Password" menu, and fill in the required field, the system will send you an e-mail to reset your password.
Can I change my username?
You cannot change username. Only your password can be change.
(Only very first group of thaitrade.com member have one ticket to request admin to change their username)
Why I cannot save my register/my page?
Please recheck that all * blank is filled.
After being Seller, how can I add/edit my product?
- After sign in, click my account and choose My Product
- Click "Product Bullet" to see your current product or click "Manage Product" to edit your current product
- To add a new product, click "Manage Product" and then click "Add Product"
- Complete at least all fill with * or you can't save your edit.
- At "Product Category" click "Add" and choose at least one of your product category
- Upload at least one of your product image. (More product picture is recommended)
- Click Save to save your product detail.
- If page freeze after save button is clicked, please scroll the page up and see what you miss.
- At Action panel,
- click "publish/unpublish" to publish/unpublish your product.
- click "edit" to edit your product detail
- click "delete" to delete your product
Any tips for posting my product detail.
In order to get the buyer’s most attention and decide to place order, you should provide as much as information / details of your products especially product images which allow you to display 1-5 pictures of each product. (Size of each picture must be less than 1000x1000 pixels, format JPEG)
Does it necessary to post product price?
Yes, indeed. However you may quate your price as negotiable if your price is uncomfortable to show.
Can I hide my product price?
Yes, you can but you should state “Negotiation or N/A”
What is product keyword? Should I ignore?
Product keyword can help buyers to find your product easier when they search product through our search engine system. So, at least one product keyword should be added.
Can I post my product detail in Thai?
No, thaitrade.com aims to help Thai exporters expand more channels to foreign buyers; therefore, all information/details must be filled in English.
If imitated products are found, what is the process of thaitrade.com?
In the first stage, those alleged imitated-products will be temporarily banned from the website for examination and if later found guilty, webmaster will report to the police for further legal action
What I need to do, if I want to place my products on the “highlight banner” in the homepage of thaitrade.com ?
All seller members are entitled to show their products on the “highlight banner” in thaitrade.com homepage by sending their product images with specific size 750x250 pixel in JPEG file to firstname.lastname@example.org with just one condition i.e. seller members must fully complete their company profile and product list.
How to search product?
There are 2 easy methods in searching product in www.thaitrade.com
1. By categories bar at home page. Categories bar is always sorted by update, but it can be sorted by alphabet by clicking A-Z
2. By search engine system. You can also search Sellers, Buying Lead, Selling Lead here
•Please write a keyword of your wanted product into a search box and press enter
It will show the result. YOu can also search from categories, business type and user which is online.
How can I get an information of Thaitrade Fair
You can track an Event information of Thaitrade Fair both domestic and international event at Panel "Events"
How should I know whether I can attend the seminar or not ?
You will be contacted within 5 working days.
What should I do if I have registered to attend the seminar ?
Please wait for confirmation.