The Friendly Carpet
The Carpets International Public Company Limited, known among locals for their brand CarpetsInter, has been in business since 1974.
It is the largest contract carpet manufacturer in Asia for hospitality, cruise liner, aviation and automotive industries. The company also offer custom jobs and produce for office buildings, conference and exhibition centers, and home residence.
More than 60% of the company go to exports to the US, Australia, Europe, Southeast Asia while the other 40% go into the local market, at their annual capacity of 8-10 million sq.m. of carpet a year.
Carpets International can boast for not only their quality products but also their intricate designs, their installation services. Their manufacturing operation covers more than 160,000 sq.m. with more than 1,000 workers operations ranging from spinning, polymer extrusion, yarn twisting, dyeing, weaving, tufting and carpet finishing. The company is the largest Axminster carpet weaver in South East Asia with over 28 looms. They also produce Wilton, hand tufted, machine tufted, carpet tile and needle-punched carpets.
According to Mr. Parkpoom Jarnyaharn, the company managing director, “We are the largest carpet producer in the country fully integrated from upstream to downstream, so we can service our customers to their needs in terms of product concept, designs and quality. All can be done right here.”
The company has developed strong social and environment conscience and has been active in preventing problems resulting from their operation. Their management has been working with employees to study how to minimize the effect from their manufacturing process- including energy and material conservation, reusing and recycling wastes and materials. They have adopted the 3R principles: Reduce, Reuse and Recycle and found that the pay back comes more than just the reduced cost. The adopted the EconSoft Backing by using recycled PET from drinking bottles as raw materials for their carpet backing, for example.
As a result of their continuing efforts in the social and environmental aspects, the company has implemented several industrial standards both from local and international bodies such as CRI: Green Label Plus, NSF140, CE-Mark, IMO FTPC, Carbon Reduction Label and Carbon Footprint, for example.
Besides these accreditations, the company also won various standards: quality standard ISO9001, labor standard TLS8001, environmental standard ISO14001, occupation safety standard OSHAS18001, and local CSR standard CSR-DIW ILS8001.
With such concerns on their employee well-being, society and the environment as a whole, we can say that when you purchase their product, you’d surely get the Friendly Carpet.
Source: InterTrade Review, No. 595, Vol. 25, May 2012